Coming Soon!

Two posts in two days?! Could this be?! This hasn't happened in... an embarrassingly long time.

I know I've mentioned it here before, but real life has been really real these last few months. Blogging has (obviously) fallen by the wayside while I found a new roommate, refurnished and redecorated my apartment, looked for a new job, started a new job, worked the Pan Am Games and spent several hundred hours in my cubicle for said job. Priorities had to be reshuffled. You know how it goes.

But over the weekend, my grandparents texted me to check that I'm okay because I haven't blogged in so long. My first thought was that of course I'm okay! I like my job (even though there will never be a week I don't work overtime), I'm healthy, and the little piece of my soul I lost during the Pan Ams is finally starting to come back.

And that's all true. But on Monday... I hit a wall. I felt stagnant. I miss doing things outside of my cubicle. And man, I miss writing. I realized that I need to make writing a priority, and if I'm not doing it for work, I'm going to do it for myself.

I had this weird motivational surge, and suddenly I'm raring to get my life back together (which is pretty ambitious, considering how tired I get and how little time I have for myself). I need to start reading again, and working out again, and get back to cooking real meals instead of throwing together pasta and a salad every night. I want to go do fun things on the weekend and take nice pictures and actually enjoy my free time.

Getting serious about my blog again is at the top of my priority list, and I've decided that the only way to do it is to go big. So I'm starting a new series!

I've been sitting on this idea for, oh, probably a full year now. But I didn't want it to overlap with Miracle Monday, and then my life imploded, so I just kept putting it off. BUT there's no time like the present, eh? I'm a little nervous about not just easing back into the whole blogging thing, but I think this might be what I need to keep myself accountable to my little ol' Internet home.

ANYWAY. This new series.

I think it's pretty clear that I love sports, and that I love talking about athletes and teams that are important to me. (Really? You don't say. /sarcasm) And if there's one thing that's become extremely important to me in the last year or two, it's women's sports. And there's nothing that pisses me off more than the fact that women make up 40% of all sports participants yet receive only 4% of sports media coverage. And if you Google "female athletes," the entire first page of results are lists ranking the hottest female athletes. That is shameful. SHAMEFUL. I'm lucky in that I work in the sports industry so I'm exposed to all sorts of badass female athletes, from archers to wrestlers and everything in between. But that's the only reason I'm exposed to them (other than the whole once-every-four-years-during-the-Olympics thing). Therefore, I bring to you...


Every week we'll be chatting about a kick-ass lady whose jersey you'll totally want to buy... if it was being sold anywhere. SIGH.

But yeah! Tune in starting next week to find some new female faves. 'Cause girls run the world and it's about damn time we start acting like it.

(And look at that, I wrote one post and made one graphic and I already feel like my head is less clogged. It's good to be back!)

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Welcome back! Excited for the launch of this new series!!! Also, looking forward to reading about (and seeing the pretty pictures of) the fun things you do on the weekends! You're living an awesome life and leaving no stone unturned! (And feel free to share what you're cooking for dinner!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete