Travel Would You Rather

"Would you rather" is always a really fun game to play, is it not? I recently came across this post idea and knew immediately I had to do it. Because why not debate some crazy scenarios that'll never actually happen? ;)


Q: Have a $10,000 budget for a holiday and you can either fly first class for $5,000 and stay in mediocre accommodation, or spend $1,000 on economy and stay in luxury accommodation?

Oh gosh, this is really hard. Usually I fly economy and stay in mediocre accommodation, so I'd be thrilled with either option! I guess I'd fly first class, though. Ideally when I travel I don't want to spend too much time hanging around the hotel/hostel, so all I really need is a shower and a bed.

Q: An all expenses paid trip to a small town in the Netherlands with your best friends or an all expenses paid trip to your dream destination with your frenemy?

What's wrong with a small town in the Netherlands? Because that sounds absolutely lovely!

Q: Have a cup of tea with Jon Hamm or Josh Homme?

Jon Hamm, because I have no idea who Josh Homme even is. Oops?

Q: Never take the train or never take the airplane again?

NEITHER. I need to fly (if only to visit home!) and I need to take the train (because I cannot call myself a native Long Islander and be okay with the idea of never taking the LIRR again). So yeah, absolutely not. I need both.


Q: Spend a full day with a thief or with a beggar?

A beggar. I will willingly share what little I have, but if it's taken from me without my consent I fly into a rage. I'm not okay with thieves.

Q: You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in the USA with a monthly stipend of 1,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select?

Would this year in the USA involve working, or is this a year off to explore the country? Because I already spend all of my years in the USA with a monthly stipend (well, salary) of more than $1,000. But I'd love a paid year off to actually see the country I've lived in my entire life!

Q: Wake up without your wallet or wake up without your passport and phone?

Wallet. IDs can be replaced and cards can be cancelled. Even a phone is replaceable (but after doing that once, let's not do it again). But a passport? Kind of catastrophic.

My phone was stolen in New York City. Rude.

Q: Be left behind in the bush on an African safari or be left behind in the water on a scuba trip?

In the bush on safari. That's significantly more survivable. Forget sharks; too long in the water and you'll drown from exhaustion. I like my chances much better on land.

Q: Lose your luggage but land on time OR land 12 hours late with your luggage intact?

Twelve hours late with my luggage. That much of a delay sucks, but landing without your luggage probably means a whole lot more than 12 hours of additional stress about it, plus returning to the airport to pick it up (or not getting it at all).

Q: Bike across the U.S. from New York City to San Francisco, or bike across China from Beijing to Tibet?

Ooh both options sound so cool! I mean, biking that far sounds miserable (I'm not much of a biker), but in theory those trips would both be awesome. I think I'd choose China. The U.S. has very large amounts of nothing in the midwest; I've driven through Kansas twice, so I speak from experience. I don't know what the landscape in that part of China looks like, but what a cool way to see the country!

On the Kansas/Colorado border. So much nothing.

Q: Decide between taking The Unbearable Lightness of Being, or Dracula for a ‘stuck on a desert island book’?

Are these both supposed to be bad choices? I've never read either one. So I'd probably be fine with either one.

Q: Be able to teleport to places you’ve already been or only be able to teleport to places you’ve never been before?

Places I've already been! Take me back to London immediately!

Q: Be stuck on a seven-hour delay, or turn up at the airport and realize your flight is tomorrow?

Seven-hour delay. I did once turn up at the airport only to realize my flight was the next day, and it was THE WORST. We call it Parisgate but try not to speak of it. So if I never have an experience like that again, I'd be a very happy camper!


Travel Tuesday

post signature

1 comment :

  1. I saw this post on Isabel's page and have it saved in my drafts, I would take the $1000 stipend and travel the US for sure!

    Diana Life in German.

    ReplyDelete